News: PRA surface coatings Member's Day postponed to 2017
UK Ecolabel Delivery will be speaking on 'Supporting Sustainable Production & Consumption' at the PRA Member's Day, now postponed to 2017.
Tuesday, 20th September 2016
PRA is a global complete surface coatings advisor and an essential connector to the global surface coatings communiy throughout the supply chain. It provides independent knowledge based services and operates internationally with a network of partners and associates.
PRA provides independent knowledge based services in support of innovation and growth of its members - including EU Ecolabel licence holders for paints.
Aims of the PRA are:
- To promote research, scientific and technological work in connection with paint, colour and allied industries, maintaining appropriate laboratories
- To acquire, edit and publish literature on the activities of these industries, maintain a library and establish data and information relating to them; further to disseminate information through presentations and advice
- To retain or employ professional advisors in connection with the above
- To encourage invention and innovation in this field
- To obtain grants from public bodies to promote these objectives
- To co-operate with other organisations pursuing scientific or industrial research
- To encourage and improve the education of people engaged in (or likely to be) these industries.
Revised Criteria for Tourist Accommodation adopted on 25th January 2017
After 3 years of development involving representatives of industry, government, environmental and consumer organisations revised criteria for Tourist Accommodation have been adopted by the Commission and published on the 2nd February.