News: PRA surface coatings Member's Day postponed to 2017
UK Ecolabel Delivery will be speaking on 'Supporting Sustainable Production & Consumption' at the PRA Member's Day, now postponed to 2017.
Tuesday, 20th September 2016
PRA is a global complete surface coatings advisor and an essential connector to the global surface coatings communiy throughout the supply chain. It provides independent knowledge based services and operates internationally with a network of partners and associates.
PRA provides independent knowledge based services in support of innovation and growth of its members - including EU Ecolabel licence holders for paints.
Aims of the PRA are:
- To promote research, scientific and technological work in connection with paint, colour and allied industries, maintaining appropriate laboratories
- To acquire, edit and publish literature on the activities of these industries, maintain a library and establish data and information relating to them; further to disseminate information through presentations and advice
- To retain or employ professional advisors in connection with the above
- To encourage invention and innovation in this field
- To obtain grants from public bodies to promote these objectives
- To co-operate with other organisations pursuing scientific or industrial research
- To encourage and improve the education of people engaged in (or likely to be) these industries.
Extension of validity of existing criteria for Printed Paper and Rinse-off Cosmetics and 2 other groups being considered
A written vote has taken place to extend the validity of criteria for 4 product groups: Printed Paper, Rinse-off Cosmetics and Absorbent Hygiene Products.
Transitional period for revised EU Ecolabel criteria for Detergents extended
Commission Decision (EU) 2017/1214 set revised criteria for various types of detergents. In order to give current licence holders more time to adapt their products to comply the transitional period has been extended from 12 to 18 months
Revised criteria for 4 product groups approved at the June meeting of the EU Ecolabel Regulatory Committee
The revised criteria for copying & graphic paper, newsprint, tissue paper and lubricants were approved at a meeting of the EU Ecolabel Regulatory Committee on 29th June 2018.