News: PRA surface coatings Member's Day postponed to 2017
UK Ecolabel Delivery will be speaking on 'Supporting Sustainable Production & Consumption' at the PRA Member's Day, now postponed to 2017.
Tuesday, 20th September 2016
PRA is a global complete surface coatings advisor and an essential connector to the global surface coatings communiy throughout the supply chain. It provides independent knowledge based services and operates internationally with a network of partners and associates.
PRA provides independent knowledge based services in support of innovation and growth of its members - including EU Ecolabel licence holders for paints.
Aims of the PRA are:
- To promote research, scientific and technological work in connection with paint, colour and allied industries, maintaining appropriate laboratories
- To acquire, edit and publish literature on the activities of these industries, maintain a library and establish data and information relating to them; further to disseminate information through presentations and advice
- To retain or employ professional advisors in connection with the above
- To encourage invention and innovation in this field
- To obtain grants from public bodies to promote these objectives
- To co-operate with other organisations pursuing scientific or industrial research
- To encourage and improve the education of people engaged in (or likely to be) these industries.
Criteria for Converted Paper Products extended to 31st December 2020
The current EU Ecolabel criteria for Converted Paper Products expired on 2nd May 2017. The Commission has published a Decision in OJEU extending the validity of these criteria to 31st December 2020.
Revised criteria for 6 product groups published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) on 12th July 2017
The revised criteria for Hand Dishwashing Detergents, Hard Surface Cleaners, Industrial & Institutional Dishwasher Detergents, Industrial & Institutional Laundry Detergents, Laundry Detergents and Automatic Dishwasher Detergents have been published.
EU Ecolabel criteria for Textiles amended
The European Commission has recently published a decision in the Official Journal of the EU (OJEU) amending the EU Ecolabel criteria for the award of the EU Ecolabel to textile products.